There are many things about February that many people don’t know about. So here only a couple of things that you probably haven’t heard of.
1. The birthstone for February is Amethyst.
2. The month has 29 days in leap years, when the year number is divisible by four. In commo years the month has 28 days.
3. Viola (plant) and the Primrose are the birth flowers.
4. Black History Month is celebrated in Canada and United States.
5. National Day of the Sun is celebrated in Argentina.
6. In order to complete the Soviet Union’s victory in Stalingrad during World War II, the last German troops surrendered in the Stalingrad pocket.
7. On February 4, 1861, a temporary committee met at Montgomery, Alabama where they organized a Confederate States of America.
8. On February 6, 1933, Amendment 20 to the United States was proclaimed which moved the Inauguration Day to January 20th.
9. In February 1910, the Boy Scouts of America was incorporated.
10. On February 6, 1899. The U.S. Senate ratified the peace treaty that led to the end of the Spanish-American War.
11. On February 6, 1952, Princess Elizabeth became Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain.
12. February 11 – National Foundation Day in Japan
If I missed anything, comment down below.