Hair Chalking Tutorial
This week The Pioneer decided to make a tutorial about the newest trendy hair obsession, hair chalking. For those of you who don’t know what hair chalking is, it’s a basically coloring your hair with chalk pastels for a fun, temporary colorful look. Now let’s get started!
What You’ll Need:
- Chalk Pastels
- Spray bottle with water
- Source of heat ( i.e. hair straightener , blow dryer , curling iron)
- Hair Spray (Optional)
- Step 1: Start with clean hair. Section off layers of hair where you desire to color.
- Step 2: Take a small portion of hair and twist it. Mist lightly with a water bottle, so that it is damp.
- Step 3: Take the lightly dampened hair and keep it twisted. Then rub the color of your choice of chalk over the strand. Make sure you rotate the hair twist to spread the color evenly over the hair strand.
- Step 4: In order to lock the color into your hair you will need to use the straightener, curling iron, or blow dryer to make the color stay . Once you have locked in the color spray lightly with hair spray if you would like.
- Step 5: Repeat steps 1-4 on as many sections of your hair as you would like.
Be creative and experiment with different colors! Make it fun and rock off your colorful hair at school ! Comment with your chalking experience and share your final result pictures with us
Posted on April 23, 2013, in News, Top Stories and tagged 2013, Allura Milliron, colorful, creative hair, fun, hair, hair chalking, junior, pastel chalk, pink, tutorial. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.