Celtics Goals For Free Agency
The Boston Celtics have a lot of work cut out for them this upcoming off season. With only six players under contract, the C’s have a lot of roster spots that need to be filled. Assuming that they resign all of their important players that are free agents, I have compiled a list of five players who I think the Celtics should pursue this off season.
1. DeAndre Jordan, position C, age 23: DeAndre Jordan could potentially be the best player that the Celtics could acquire. The young athletic center would be a great player to acquire, not only for now, but also for the future. He could potentially solve one of the Celtic’s biggest issues, the lack of a young, healthy big man.
2. Jeff Foster, position C, age 34: Jeff Foster can provide something that the Celtics desperately need, a tough big man who is a rebounding threat. Foster was at the top of the league in offensive rebounds and I think that he could fit in very well with a group of fellow veterans like the Celtics.
3. Samuel Dalembert, position C, age 30: Samuel Dalembert is another great center that I think the Celtics could possibly acquire. Dalembert is a gifted defensive big man with some athleticism still left in the tank. The only problem would be being able to pay him…
4. Marcus Thornton, position SG, age 24: Marcus Thornton would be a great addition to the Celtics. With Ray Allen getting older, Thornton would be able play big, productive minutes off the bench.He could also be a nice player to develop for the future.
5. Jamal Crawford, position G, age 31: Crawford, though a little old, could be a nice addition to the roster for maybe a year or two. Crawford can be a leader and a consistent scorer off the bench for what may be this group of Celtics last chance at a title.
No matter who the Celtics end up getting this off season, they are going to have a lot of expectations.
- NBA Free Agency Preview: Prepare for some shockingly high per year numbers (asubstituteforwar.com)
- 2011 NBA Free Agents: 3 Players That Can Push Boston Celtics to Finals (bleacherreport.com)
- 2011 NBA Free Agency Previews, Trade Rumors And Salary Cap Info For All 30 Teams (sbnation.com)
Posted on December 8, 2011, in Sports, Top Stories and tagged Boston Celtics, DeAndre Jordan, Jamal Crawford, Jeff Foster, Marcus Thornton, Ray Allen, Samuel Dalembert. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.